<< back to the main blog page
Washing and Drying Settings Make All the Difference with Your Laundry
[caption id="attachment_1266" align="alignright" width="200" caption="Permanent Press Symbol"]
There are tons of words labeled on your washing and drying machines. So what does it all mean? There are so many different settings and options for washing and drying your laundry
. The settings on washers and dryers are there to create the best situations for your clothing.
The delicate cycle is the easiest cycle to understand, however there are other options for washing your clothes in your home. Here is a breakdown of what the washing machine offers:
- Regular/White - This cycle uses strong agitation speeds and various temperatures. This cycle is best fro your white clothes that will need a strong hot cycle to get rid of the stains and germs affiliated with underwear, undershirts and socks.
- Permanent Press- This cycle uses a moderate agitation speed and uses warm water to wash and cold to rinse. This cycle is ideal for your colored clothing. Make sure you don't set the water temperature to hot, the result will be faded colored clothing.
- Delicate- This cycle uses the slowest agitation speeds and cold water. This cycle is best for your light and delicate clothing. This cycle is not for clothes labeled dry clean only or for clothes labeled hand wash only.
Once everything is washed appropriately it is important to make sure your garment is dried appropriately. The right dryer cycle will make sure your clothes don't shrink and dry completely without damaging your clothes.
Pay attention to these basic settings and your clothing will be well taken care of in your washer and dryer. For additional help with laundry and the clothes labeled "dry clean only," contact Mark Pressed4Time. For the best care of your clothes Mark Pressed4Time covers it all from alterations to shoe repair. image credit: courtesy channel 4.com
- Regular- Provides the highest heat and dries in a shorter amount of time. This cycle is best for your whites. Be careful what you dry, at this heat your clothes can shrink. Check the labels at all time.
- Permanent Press- Same as with the washing machine, the permanent press setting on dryers uses medium heat and is best for colored clothes.
- Delicates- Use on light or delicate fabrics. This dryer setting uses the least amount of heat and is perfect for preserving your delicate clothes.
Friday, April 05, 2013 written by Mark Pressed4Time
, dry clean
, dry clean only
, dry cleaning
, dry cleaning tips
, hand wash
, hand wash only
, Laundry Detergent
, Mark Pressed4Time
, permanent press
, shoe repair
, washing machine settings